Friday, September 21, 2018

Inspiro Robustas: a real Firestarter

Today is Stephen King's birthday. This week I had the chance to see Gerald's Game on Netflix, based on a King novel by the same name. This is a really interesting movie, and I highly recommend it. In the film, a dog is referenced as Cujo, a reference to another film/novel by the same name. That got me thinking. King's books and subsequent films have become such a part of the zeitgeist that we now can use them to reference other ideas. His stories, his brand has integrated into such a presence that likely anyone in the West, perhaps most people in the world are impacted by him. Here is a short list of films and TV shows based on his works that have had a huge impact on me:




Of course, the list of his works is MUCH longer, and has had more impact than my limited and subjective list. What are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment